Learning Lab Part 3: The Power of Community in Learning
Best practices for building a community of learners into your L&D programs.
Join us for the highly-anticipated Part 3 of our Learning Design series! In our previous webinar, we delved into the art of creating effective learning and development programs that empower learners to take tangible, real-world actions.
But there’s more! We believe that the key element of program design is integrating community engagement. This isn’t about learners themselves, it’s about fostering a broader sense of community that enhances the entire learning experience.
Mark your calendar for December 5th, as we bring together the expertise of Learning Strategist and Senior Instructional Designer, Pinar O’Flaherty, and PILOT’s Head of Product, Rachel Crice. They will guide you to use best practices that not only inspire and enable learners to put their knowledge into practice, but to connect, practice what they’ve learned and form long-standing relationships.
This webinar is a must-attend for anyone dedicated to maximizing the impact of learning initiatives. We will cover:
- Why community is increasingly important to learning programs
- How building in community can impact employee engagement and retention
- Best practices for crafting programs that foster collaboration and mutual support, leverage collective knowledge and enable learning at scale
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to learn from the best and elevate your learning and development programs. Sign up now to watch this webinar on demand:
Register For Our On Demand Webinar
Here are some results from PILOT graduates:
- 80% of those that participate in PILOT intend to stay with their employer for 2 years vs. the industry average of 60-65%.
- 73% of participants use PILOT monthly vs. the industry average of 5-15% for online learning modules.
- 33% more participants say their manager shows a genuine interest in their aspirations after completing the PILOT program.
“We were looking for something that’s very simple, easy to administer, and user friendly. I found all three of those in PILOT.”
Mark Rodriguez, Vice President of HR, Southwest Water Company